Woke up with words in my head. It seemed like a cool thing to wake up before the rest of the world and post something.
Midlife sucks. I didn't get that red Ducati and break a leg (yet). The whole safeness and stillness makes me wonder what I can do to make it better for me and my mates who are going through similar traits.
Reflecting on some of the great moments seems to help. Here are a few of mine.
- Working for a startup in Silicon Valley.
- Driving down to LA in a Pontiac Grand Am.
- Walking around NYC and Ellis Island and later migrating myself.
- Hanging out in Sonoma Valley, Santa Monica Beach and trying to rollerblade in Stanford University.
- Working in a boatyard and cycling on the beach in Jacksonville Florida.
- Flying up to Sydney for an office Christmas party in 3 private jets, lunch, champagne on a yacht then walking past a Bon Jovi concert to see Kevin Hart live.
- Driving almost anywhere in the Sri Lankan countryside before the highways.
- Managing a band 👽.
- Working in Southport Queensland overlooking the bay and sea.
- Standing in a safari park in Kenya overlooking Mount Kilimanjaro.
I'm not flexing. I've saved the best for myself. I've always had enough to get by, a big family, a small set of friends, kids who don't hate me and the love of my life who
thinks I'm wrong challenges me.
Life can't get much better than this. I have so much love and ideas to fill the rest of my life. Hold that top up, my glass is full.