I’m running out of people to call. Everyone is busy trying to survive in a post pandemic world and through the Sri Lankan crisis.
I did some research on this and it turns out that making and keeping friends is a known issue when you are middle aged.
Not the most comprehensive plan but here is my initial thinking to counter this trend.
- Divide and conquer my contacts like Derek Sivers
- Reach out to existing contacts
- Make new contacts based on my interests
- How to Make Friends as a Middle-Aged Man | Time
- Friendship for men in middle-age? Here’s what you told us about how to find it - ABC News
- The Real Trouble with Making Friends in Middle Age - The Atlantic
- Why Middle-Aged Men Have Trouble Sustaining Friendships ‹ Literary Hub
- Why It’s Harder to Make Friends After 40 (and How to Combat the Odds) - Lifehack
- Why do many middle-aged men like me have absolutely NO FRIENDS | Daily Mail Online
- How to Make Friends as an Adult: 50 Strategies for After 50 — Best Life
- Why is midlife such a lonely time? | Josh Cohen | The Guardian